Mytholmroyd Railway Station – cycle path through silver birch woods – Brearley – canal towpath – Mytholmroyd centre
Distance: 2km, 1½ miles, about 3000 steps. It should take you about an hour.
Start and Finish: Information board at Dusty Miller pub.
How Strenuous: Apart from one short slope, all on the flat
How uneven? All on good paths and lanes
Obstacles: None – this walk is suitable for taking buggies
- From the Dusty Miller, turn left and cross the road at the pedestrian crossing.
- Cross the bridge over the river and just after the railway bridge turn left up the train station slope (watch out for another Mytholmroyd Walkers display board).
- At the top of the slope walk ahead along the cycle track through the silver birch wood. Keep to the main track nearest the railway fence, the follow alongside a mossy stone wall on your left.
- At the end of the track, walk over the iron bridge to cross the railway. Look for the carved standing stone about the coiners on your right.
- Follow the lane past an old chapel — watch out for the date stone on the chapel. Turn left at the end when you reach a cluster of houses phentermine online pharmacy reviews called Brearley.
- Walk over the bridge across the river and keep left. Watch out for the old stone weir downstream as you cross the bridge, this now drives a local hydro-electric scheme.
If you are doing this walk with a young child, there is a small park just before you join the canal towpath just follow the tarmac road to the right. The park is on the right beside the main road — a good place to stop for a snack or have fun on the see-saw!
- Turn left down on to the canal towpath by the bridge (no. 9) and walk back towards Mytholmroyd. Pass the industrial estate and pass under the next bridge (no. 10).
- Shortly after the bridge at the end of a fence, walkers with buggies should leave the towpath and then turn right down the main road to the Dusty Miller. Otherwise, continue on the towpath until the next bridge no 11 and climb up the steps on to Midgley Road.
- Turn left down and then turn right on the main road back to the Dusty Miller.