For all walks on the tops we recommend that people always be prepared for bad weather. You can set off in brilliant sunshine and 15 minutes later be in horizontal freezing rain. Always take a waterproof and a hat and don’t assume that your mobile phone will work.
For these walks we try to provide information on how to get to the start by public transport. If you find this too daunting, we provide a car alternative at the end of the directions.
- Doddnaze accessible circular walk (bus from Hebden Bridge)
- Reservoirs at Blackstone Edge
- A circular walk around Withins Clough reservoir, Cragg Vale
- Below Stoodley Pike (no bus to Horsehold)
- Heptonstall to Jack Bridge
- Lumbutts and Mankinholes
- Above Old Town
- Walking on the heather on Wadsworth Moor
- Above Scout Wood, Mytholmroyd