Dead useful stuff
Health and well being
Learning walking and compass skills
Food and drink
Hebden Bridge has a very wide selection of cafes (17 at the last count), restaurants (from Bistro to fine dining), take aways (Indian, Chinese and italian) and pubs – most of which provide food. Most of these food outlets will have a Walkers are Welcome sign, so muddy boots shouldn’t be a problem.
There are several micro breweries around and most pubs you go to will have a good range of guest beers and ciders (BLM).
You can see some of the variety of places to eat and drink on our local Dining Guide website.
There are also a good selection of supermarkets and great speciality food shops to replenish your supplies (but let that prevent you from visiting Mays shop shortly after you rejoin the Pennine Way).
The town has a visitors centre to advise you on accommodation, directions or what souvenirs to buy (Butlers Wharf, New Road). 01422 843831, firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two walking information boards in the town, one at the railway station, the other in the town centre car park (and of course look at other pages on our website).
For more information about what goes on in the town look at our community website, the HebWeb at www.hebdenbridge.co.uk
- There are three shops for emergency replacement of gear -Mountain Wild on Crown Street and Rohan in St Georges Square,
- In case you need to dry out the laundrette with dryer is in Bridgegate
- There is a Post office in Holme Street to buy stamps for the postcards you forgot to buy
- There are several cash points (Coop store and off main square)
- There are 2 bookshops for maps and guides –The Bookcase, 29, Market Street and Just Books, Bridgegate
- 2 taxi firms at (01422) 844070 and 845555,
- Car hire at star garage 842566
- The nearest vet is a couple of miles away 01422 889970
- Two chemists (Crown Street and Valley Road)
- A doctors surgery (Valley road), Tel 01422 415777
- A dentist (New Road) Tel 01422 843162
- Two chiropodists for foot repair; Wendy Waterhouse Tel 07437 015754; Jean Wilding 01422 846131 and 07703 183810
- A physiotherapist/sports injury specialist, Tel 07769 115 412
- A chiropractor for a sore back, Tel 01422 842244
- Several places to get your weary body a massage. Tel 01422 845880; 07952 671235; 07981 931853; 01422 843777
- There are 8 hairdressers in the town
- Many hairdressers do nails but you can also go to Smudges Nails 01422 847107
For an evening’s entertainment we have:
- Our own community Cinema, to see what’s on, look at The Hebden Bridge Picture House website
- The award winning Trades Club music venue. To see what’s on, look at the website
Splat training is based at Blackshaw Head, near Hebden Bridge, offering Hill Skills and Navigation, fun Guided Walks and First Aid training courses locally. For more details, look at their website