Distance: 3 miles
a) Not suitable for buggies: Go over the stile opposite the Gnome House, through the wood, over the stream, over another stile, across a field and through the gap in the wall. Turn right and follow the lane to the site of the old clog factory.
b) Suitable for buggies: Instead of walking down through the woods, take another right turn between the houses and follow this lane down to the site of the old clog factory.
Did you know? Water lilies were painted 250 times by the famous French artist Claude Monet.
- From Mytholmroyd Community Centre walk along Caldene Avenue to Paddy Bridge Road.
- Go up Paddy Bridge Road and over the railway bridge.
- Walk through the estate to Nest Lane and turn right.
- Follow the lane until the tarmac ends and keep to the right hand side.
- Walk on past Laneside Farm and you will see the Gnome House on your left. Look at the joke on the fence!
- Continue on the lane past Wood Hey Cottage and at the end of the track turn right.
- Follow the road through the woods. Be careful, there is no footpath and a steep drop on the right. At the bottom walk through the tunnel and follow the cycle path to your right, heading back to Mytholmroyd.
- Continue on this track through a small industrial estate until you rejoin Caldene Avenue.
- Follow the road back to the Community Centre.