Distance: 2 miles
Did you know? 600 species of Oak tree exist throughout the world.
- Walk up Midgely Road, over the canal, past the playground and Calder High School.
- Fork left to follow the footpath sign which is attached to a lamp post. Almost immediately fork right up a mossy track and follow this path until you come to a gate and stile.
- Climb over the stile and follow the track uphill between two walls.
- You will soon join another path – just keep going to the left.
- Continue up the path, go through a small metal gate then take the left fork
- Follow the path past lots of wrinkly old Hawthorn trees.
- Cross the little bridge, head up the path and go through a small metal gate.
- Follow the footpath sign through a stile, into a garden and under a car port.
- Follow the link path sign ahead of you to walk down some steps, through some trees, across a stream and on the narrow path straight ahead (not the track).
- Pass through a metal gate, then a wooden gate. Continue to walk straight ahead, past a ruined house on your right.
- Follow the track downhill. Join the road briefly but almost immediately turn left onto a cobbled track leading to Hill House Far.
- Walk through the yard and climb over the stile into the meadow.
- At the bottom of the meadow walk through the bracken, through a metal kissing gate, turn left into Redacre Wood and downhill to Redacre Bridge.
- Join the canal towpath and walk back to Mytholmroyd.