The 906 bus ran from Hebden Bridge railway station to Midgehole for Hardcastle Crags and Widdop for the Pennine Way.
The service sadly ceased in October 2018.
Although the bus no longer runs, the walks are still wonderful and are still there!
The 906 walking booklet is now available free of charge from:
- Hebden Bridge Visitor Centre
- The Packhorse pub at Widdop
- Gibson Mill in Hardcastle Crags
Alternatives to using the 906 bus
Many people use cars to walk in the area, but that can limit you to circular walks. There are local taxi companies who will deliver or pick you up. For a group it can be quite economical.
The local taxi telephone numbers are:
- Hebden Cars 01422 845555 (Hebden Bridge)
- Valley Taxis 01422 844070 (Hebden Bridge)
- Escort Taxis 01282 868788 (Colne)
- Cavalier Taxis 01282 698659 (Nelson)
Mobile signals are intermittent in the area so if you are in a dead zone, the Packhorse pub or Gibson Mill in Hardcastle Crags will phone for a taxi for you.
The walks in the 906 booklet
- 906 Bus Walk 1: Midgehole, Gibson Mill and back
- 906 BUS WALK 2 : A gentle walk from Clough Hole car park to Gibson Mill and Midgehole
- 906 BUS WALKS 3 Widdop Gate to Gibson Mill via old railway and stone steps
- 906 BUS WALKS 4 Clough Foot to Midgehole via Walshaw and Shackleton
- 906 BUS WALKS 5 Clough Foot to Haworth via Pennine Way and Brontë Way
- 906 BUS WALKS 6 Midgehole to Oxenhope via Haworth Old Road
- 906 BUS WALKS 7 Packhorse Inn to Hebden Bridge via Colden
- 906 BUS WALKS 8 Midgehole to Lumb Falls and back
- 906 BUS WALKS 9 Widdop to Holme Chapel via Pennine Bridleway
- 906 BUS WALKS 10 Widdop Reservoir Car Park (906 Terminus) around Widdop Reservoir
- 906 BUS WALKS 11 Packhorse Inn to Heptonstall via Pennine Way
- 906 BUS WALKS 12 Blake Dean to Gibson Mill
- More information about the 906 bus